Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Little Bear

Dear Sweet Stephen,

Last night, you woke up screaming at 2:00am because you are getting your second tooth. We changed your diaper. We gave you juice. We gave you tylenol. We gave you orajel. We gave you more juice. And then we let you cry. And you cried and cried and cried. For over 20 minutes. So finally, I got to snuggle with you.

I took you into the guest room and we cuddled close. You laid there gnawing on your hand and my fingers, making sweet noises. I smelled your washed hair and nuzzled your cheek and rubbed your head and helped you calm down. And I thought about how someday, when we dance at your wedding, I will remember getting to be The One for you for this short time.

The One you love. The One you need. The One who calms and soothes and snuggles and loves. The One who provides. The One who cares. The One who will never be able to completely let you go.

I love you so much more than I can say. And last night was one of the best nights of my life.

XOXO,
Mommy



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Too sweet! Sometimes you've just got to get them, right?! Even though "they" so not to. :)